Why I ‘Assaulted, Bullied’ Mohbad

Admin
3 Min Read


Controversial Lagos socialite, Balogun Eletu, also known as Sam Larry, has opened up about what transpired and led to the constant feud and alleged assault of late 27-year-old singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.

The embattled show promoter, in a statement released on Friday, September 29th on Snapchat, following his arrest by the police over an ongoing investigation into the circumstances leading to the death of the Afrobeat star, said that the late singer owed him money and refused to pay.

According to Larry, he had to let go of the money after a series of back and forth with the singer, adding that he hasn’t been paid until now.

The statement reads; “2 years ago, I gave Illeri N2m to preform at my mother’s annual remembrance concert at Ikorodu, he never turned up, so I called him to ask why? He then said he was not feeling well, and when i asked for a refund, he said he lost his phone and money recently when the NDLEA raided his place in the process and since he was lleaving Marlian Records, he is now broke, with no commitment to repay.

“I then left, all for me to later hear that this same boy was having a musical video shoot the next day at a place practically next to my house, so I went there and asked for my money again, we had an argument that lasted 5 mins, even one of his friends insisted he was going to pay the money, up till today one kobo they have not paid me, this was early last year. I have since the moved on.”

Clarifing his whereabouts at the time Mohbad died, Sam Larry stated that he left the country since August to Kenya to seek for talent act for an upcoming show he was organising.

“I travelled to Kenya to find new African act that can perform at my mother’s concert this year. I’ve been away since August 20th till now, i don’t know anything other than what was written in the blogs and press.

I don’t even know where he lives. I don’t know any nurse or doctor or hospital, I don’t know anything about his movement, i don’t have that time,” he said.

He maintained that he did not flee the country and had nothing to do with the singer’s death, as he knew nothing going on with the singer before his sudden demise.

” I have lost a lot of more than that before, you win some, you loose some. This is my story case close. I came here willingly and happily. I known nothing about how the musician death,” he concluded.

Share this Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *